Sunday, October 20, 2013

Croissants and Croissant Braids

Croissant Braid
There are a handfull of foods that rank on the top of my list of most indulgent.  Croissants are one of them.  Yummy and perfect with eggs, cheese, and sausage.  This was something I had aspired to make but was always a little hesitant.  They are time consuming, consisting of many steps, and a tad more difficult than bread.  So I would day dream about making criossants but never actually trying.  That is until I stumbled upon a Craftsy class, Classic Croissants at Home

Colette Christian did a wonderful job and walking the viewer through the steps it took to put out some tastey croissants.  My firsts were, well, firsts.  Not great but passable.  Over time though I have come to be quite good at making them.  At least it seems that way by how they always disappear when Cook and I have guests over.  I just love them for breakfast.

I thought I had taken more pictures than I actually had.  Promise, the next time I make some I will take bunches of pictures and post them here.

This actual braid was made from the scraps I accumulate as I make the actual croissants. I roll the scraps togeather in long snakes no bigger than a pinkie.  After collecting the number of snakes I wanted I then carefully braided them togeather.  It helps to check over after a number of crosses just to make sure you don't cross in the wrong way.

No comments:

Post a Comment